I love games and I love competition (as are most of you already know). My birthday is a perfect excuse to make my friends play fun games with me!
If you’ve been to my parties in the past you know I half make up whatever we are playing and half incorporate cool games I have seen done. This year I am feeling like I would like to play CAMP STYLE GAMES and I’d like to incorporate WATER (as in you might get wet playing the games… think relay races and obstacle course style games). I hope you are down for whatever crazy I come up with!
This is a couples competition so you need a team of two to participate (you don’t have to be married). Come up with:
1. TEAM NAME
2. MATCHING GAME DAY OUTFITS. Don’t let the outfits stress you out… just make something work… it’s supposed to be fun.
Please post your team name on this event page or send it to me via email as I need to pre-make the game board to keep score.
1. Teams will take part in a series of games competing for points.
2. Some games will require that you play as a team. Others will require that you choose one person on your team to compete. And yet other games will have you working with other teams as a group to try to win.
3. If you win a game you will earn a predetermined number of points for your team. We will let you know the point value of each of the games prior to starting.
4. Your team must attempt all games. No sore losers.
5. The team with the most points at the end of the night wins the Grand Prize: Date Night Out with Brian and Me on us!
GAME FACES ON!
Love, The Great Griffins.
Missing photo’s of three sweet teams: Warrior Williards, Crumdiddilyumpcious and the Go Get Em’ Guevara’s
- Each team connects by holding hands.
- Each team gets a hula hoop.
- On the word “go” each team must move the hula hoop down the line.
- To do this, participants must move their arms, shoulders, legs and bodies to make the hoop travel from one person to the next down the line.
- At no point may any of the participants break their grasp on their teammates’ hands.
- The first team to move the hula hoop all the way down the line and back to the start wins.
CHILLAX: 3 Teams vs. 3 Teams
- To play, form teams of at least 6 people.
- Each team lines up and gets an ice cube.
- The first person in each line rubs the ice until his hands get too cold.
- Then he passes it to the next person in line.
- She rubs it until her hands get too cold. Keep passing their ice until it melts.
- The first team to melt their ice wins.
WALKING ON MARS: 3 Teams vs. 3 Teams
- We are an advanced team of astronauts who have landed on Mars. We headed out on an Explorer Craft to gather information about the planet. On our trip out explorer craft went down. We must now cross the surface of Mars from your disabled explorer craft to your Space Shuttle.
- Use powered insulators to shield the astronauts on your team from the acidic surface (aka. five gallon buckets). If an astronaut touches Mars’ surface, he will cause his team to move back two insulated spaces.
- The first team to make it all the way back to the space shuttle wins.
- The kicker is that each team of astronauts has six people on it and you can only locate five powered insulators.
TUG OF WAR: 4 Teams vs. 4 Teams
- Do not wrap the rope around your wrist.
- Do not sit on the floor as you pull back.
- Do not straddle the rope (put it between your legs).
- First team to get the opposing team to cross their mark over the center wins.
- Make a diamond shape formation with 9 five gallon buckets. Assign point values to each bucket. The center bucket is worth 100 points, the next layer of buckets is worth 50 points and the outermost layer of buckets is worth 25 points.
- Each team gets five balls and five shots to make the most total points possible.
- The team with the highest point total wins.
- In the event of a tie a shoot-out will be held and then the team with the highest points wins.
RIDDLE ME THIS
Riddle #1: I do love the holidays…
You will know that I am coming
From the jingle of my bell,
But exactly who I am is not an easy thing to tell.
Children, they adore me
for they find me jolly,
but I do not see them when the halls are decked with holly.
My job often leaves me frozen,
I am a man that all should know,
But I do not do business in times of sleet or ice or snow.
I travel much on business,
But no reindeer haul me around,
I do all my traveling firmly on the ground.
I love the time of Christmas,
But that’s not my vocational season,
And I assure that is because of a sound economic reason.
Riddle #2: In Thyme But Not in Time…
My first is in riddle, but not in little.
My second is in think, but not in brink.
My third is in thyme, but not in time.
My fourth is in mother, but not in brother.
My last is in time, but not in climb.
What am I?
Riddle #3: Number Logic
Arrange the numbers 1 through 9 on a tic-tac-toe board such that the numbers in each row, column, and diagonal add up to 15.
Riddle Me This- Answers
Riddle 1: The Ice Cream Man
Riddle 2: Rhyme (Hint: What does this puzzle do?)
4, 3, 8,
9, 5, 1,
2, 7, 6,
CAPTURE THE FLAG
- The goal is to be the fast team to retrieve both your team flags the finish line.
- If you step on a bomb, get tagged by either a person or a bomb you must freeze and count loudly to the number five. Then continue moving. You cannot get tagged twice by the same defender.
- If you get sprayed or hit by a noodle on the second leg of the course you can keep moving. That is just for fun.
- Move carefully and watch your footing.
- The team to retrieve both flags the fastest wins.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARGHEE